Thursday, March 15, 2012

Trading one hobby for another

If you've been with this blog for awhile, you know that my main mission is to spread the word on anime. I really want people out there to know what anime has to offer. It's not all about the stereotypes that people have. The preconceived notions just aren't indicative of what the industry creates. It's time for people to know that, and I'll do anything I can to make that happen.

Yesterday I had one of those opportunities. I have someone in the games industry that reached out to me about her interest in comic books. I have nothing against comic books. I would love to read more of them, but I barely have time for the hobbies I have now! Surprisingly, now I have a very good excuse to make more time for comics.

This friend wanted me to check out some comic books, since she's really passionate about what comic books can be. she recommended some of her favorites, and I promised her that I would read some of her suggestions...but on one condition. She had to check out some of the anime suggestions that I have! She agreed without hesitation, and now we're both setting out on some new journeys!

I can't wait to see what she thinks of the shows I recommended. I started her off with Eden of the East, which should be more than enough to get her interest and open her eyes to what anime can be. Let's keep our fingers crossed for the beginning of a long infatuation with anime on her part!

1 comment:

  1. And if she likes it, she could move on with Shaft's stuff because they are very flashy and vivid like comic books.

    ReplyDelete