Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Buy the anime, get the soundtrack?


There are a lot of things about anime that I love, and the music of certain series' usually goes hand-in-hand with that. There's some really fantastic music in anime features, and it only helps to bring you closer to what you're watching. Certain songs can pull you into an experience or heighten your interest in a character or scene.

What sucks about enjoying that music is having to buy it separately from the movie or series itself. I'm shelling out hard-earned cash to pick up an anime, and that's not good enough to grab the soundtrack. Why is it that my money is good enough to get the video, but not the accompanying music?

This becomes even more of a problem when dealing with anime. Sometimes the soundtracks tied to features never see an official release in the states. You have to find proxy outlets that will send you the soundtrack, but you'll have to pay much inflated prices for your music. I'm sorry, but paying over $40 for a single CD just doesn't make much sense to me!

How do you feel about music tied to anime? If you purchase a film, do you feel that its okay to hunt out a download for the music you want? Do you try to get the music legally, and once all the official outlets are exhausted, then you hunt for a not-so-legal copy?

2 comments:

  1. Eh I'm not a big fan of anime OST's so much, so it doesn't bother me.

    But I guess they're just trying to make a quick buck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like this article please keep it up. Microleaves

    ReplyDelete