Sunday, December 4, 2011

Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva nowhere to be found


I've been waiting patiently to watch Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva. There was a long time there where I thought the film would never be localized. That went on for months and months, and then VIZ Media ended up securing the rights to it out of nowhere. Now the film is officially available in the states...or so VIZ Media says.

I've looked all over for a copy of the DVD at retail, but I've had absolutely no luck. I thought for sure that Best Buy would have a copy, but they don't even have it listed as being available in store at any of their locations. Every other retailer I went to after that didn't have a copy either.

I wasn't too miffed about this because I thought I could just go digital. The press release for the localization stated that the movie would be available on PSN, Amazon Instant Video, Netflix and iTunes. Unfortunately, I checked every one of those options to see that the film wasn't there. I can't find any explanation for it either.

This leaves me with just Amazon as an option to purchase a physical copy. I guess that's what I'm going to do, and while it's not a bad option by any means, I'm still wondering just what's going on here. Have any of you had any luck finding a copy in the wild, or catching it digitally?

No comments:

Post a Comment