Monday, January 9, 2012

The Question 1/9 - What did you watch this weekend?


Again, I had another weekend that was just too busy to watch anime, but with my new plan of tackling shows one at a time, I know I'll be able to handle my viewing in a much better manner. It should also open up time during the week (late night) to view those shows I have lined up.

What I did do this weekend was share another anime with my sister. With every anime I show her, she trusts my judgment a little more. I really won her over with Angel Beats, so now I'm bringing her back to something that is a little less fresh on the market.

The show would be Birdy the Mighty, which I've talked about at great length on the site. I really think she's going to love it. My sister likes to watch anime that features love stories or some sort of connection between two characters, and Birdy definitely has that. You just have to keep with the series to see it grow.

Can't wait to hear what she thinks of it! For now, I'd really like to hear what you guys watched over the weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I haven't heard about Birdy the Mighty until now (I haven't been following this blog very closely even though I've had it bookmarked -.-) but a quick search on MyAnimeList and I have to say that I'm very interested.
    I'm juggling enough series as it is right now though so it'll have to wait for now.

    Been watching a few episodes of "Amagami SS" which is apparently based on a dating sim. Not the kind of genre that I usually watch but I do admit that I very much like it so far.

    I'm also waiting for any new episodes of "Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam" which is turning out to be an amazing sequel to "Last Exile". Recommand this to people who like steampunk and have a Airship fetish (yes, I'm guilty of the latter).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Evangelion 1.11 this weekend and should be watching part 2 next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished watching Chaos;Head. Seriously excellent series. I highly recommend it.

    As far as Birdy the Mighty goes, I loved it. It was probably my top pick for anime in 2010 when it first released on DVD from Funimation. It remained thoroughly engaging throughout the entire series, which is pretty rare in anime these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched Naruto: Shippuuden, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, Gintama, and oh I started watching Nisemonogatari :>

    ReplyDelete