Monday, June 27, 2011

What anime did you check out this weekend?

As we discussed last week, the weekend is a really great time to catch up on the anime you've been planning to watch.  We all have things to take care of in life before we can move onto the fun stuff, and hopefully the weekend lets you indulge in some entertainment before you have to jump back into the work week.  For most of us, that includes some anime and gaming!  I'm specifically interested in the anime!

I'd love to hear what you guys watched over the weekend.  I'd also like to make this a weekly feature for Mondays.  This way we can hear about what we all watched, and possibly learn about some new content!  Of course, I'm more than happy to share what I watched.

Unfortunately, I didn't have as much free time this weekend as I thought I would.  A lot of things cropped up out of nowhere, some good and some bad!  With that said, here's what I did manage to watch.

On Saturday night I was lucky enough to get together virtually with some of you guys/gals and check out the first episode of Durarara!!.  I've already put together my impressions on that, so you know how I feel about the show thus far!

I also had the chance to watch both Death Note live action movies.  I wrote up my impressions on the first movie last night, and I'll be sure to put together my thoughts on the second movie a bit later today.

Now let's get to the fun stuff!  What anime features did you guys get to check out over the weekend?!

9 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I didn't have a lot of time last weekend either. I am currently working through the Samurai 7 series though which is really good, but has a couple of episodes with sub-par animation.

    Otherwise I hope to watch the last film in the 20th Century Boys trilogy soon :) [live-action].

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm re-watching Planetes. It's such an amazing hard sci-fi anime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After Sekaiichi Hatsukoi ended last week, i don't have any anime to watch anymore right now.. ;_; I'll probably have to wait a year or two before there'll be another BL anime. >.<

    I've thought of watching the Beelzebub anime, though, but it seems to differ so much from the Manga... is it still worth seeing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched Bleach,Naruto Shippuden,Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally I watched Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Durarara on Adult Swim and also rewatched some of Kanon on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched the new releases of Tiger & Bunny, Hanasaku Iroha, and Nichijou. Also the raw streams of Suite Precure, and few rewatches of Heartcatch Precure. By the way, Rawmeat, Tiger & Bunny is on Hulu right now, so there's no way you can pass this up. It's a really good and entertaining new show that gives a new spin on the super hero genre. You always try to find anime that bridges the gap between people that don't watch anime, and I think T&B is a good example of a show with wide appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finished off Chapter 2 of Claymore and halfway through chapter 3. Also about to settle down for the night and watch Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. Can never get enough of that film

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't watch any anime, but looked at the RAWs for a manga called Ichiro Heian, or Have A Safe Trip or something like that.

    From what I understand, no one's picked up translating it because it includes both Japanese and Chinese text. So it creates a bit of a barrier for most fan translators.

    It's written Jin Kobayashi though, who did School Rumble and Natsu no Arashi. Plot is kind of generic, but Jin Kobayashi is like the Monolith Soft of the anime industry for me. No matter how generic something is on the surface level, there's something deeper there to give it its own spice.

    Now if only I could understand the text...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah I watch Bleach and Durarara!! with you guys.

    And I've been watching the original Full Metal Alchemist like every day. I'm almost to the halfway point.

    ReplyDelete