Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Best Buy carrying Squid Girl: Part 1


Now here's something I didn't expect to see. Best Buy is actually stocking the DVD release of Squid Girl: Part 1. While this series has been getting some attention online, I never thought I'd see it at retail up for grabs. Looks like I might have to head to my local Best Buy for my night off, just to grab a copy!

Any fans of the series on here? I'd love to hear what you think of it in general. I know it's a comedy anime, but how does it stand up to other anime comedies?

link

4 comments:

  1. It's a very nice show, and the second season is currently airing weekly. It's mostly gag comedy, and there's no ecchi or weird things like that, so it can be enjoyed by kids and people who would't normally watch anime. Funny and cute. It's not something that makes me laugh out loud, but rather enjoy with a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for the season box sets. Media Blasters is notorious for releasing them so quickly after their singles releases, that it isn't really worth buying the singles.

    That said, it's not surprising that Best Buy is carrying this. They always carry anime. What they carry, and what they don't can be kind of spotty though (especially when it comes to BluRay), so I rarely buy anime from them any more. I buy most of my anime from RACS and RightStuf. Mostly RACS though, as their customer service is second to none.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting me know about this RMC,I've been interested in this show for a while but had no idea that it was licensed, I might just pick this up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A squid girl has be curious, but the reviews haven't been "phenomenal" so I'm not sure if I'll watch it.

    ReplyDelete