Tuesday, October 4, 2011

This week's skewed comment on anime: Bring on the hate

This is exactly why I'm running this blog. This is the type of shallow mentality that I want to try and do away with. Even if I just partially change one mind out there, that's all I can ask for. While people have the right to say whatever they want, I also have a right to try and show them why they might be wrong.

Here's this week's skewed comment on anime, once again coming from Twitter. We haven't had one of these in awhile, but I'm very sad to see it returning. Things have been all positive and quiet lately, but now this Tweet had to come in and stir things up.

Is there anything cooler than saying you hate anime?


I reached out to the person that said this and tried to get them to comment, but they've given no response. They've since tweeted to many other people after making this comment, so I'm guessing they're going to ignore me. That's really a shame, as I was looking for some sort of explanation.

As for the comment being a joke, I don't think that's the case. I read some of this tweeter's other comments about anime, and they have made some negative ones in the past. Also, someone else tweeted back 'What's anime?' to her negative post, and this person responded with 'BINGO!' I guess that sums it up right here.

1 comment: