Monday, October 10, 2011

Is localized anime enough for you?

Some say there's such a thing as too much of a good thing. Others say that you can never get enough. I think it's all about moderation, and so long as you take care of your daily duties, you should be able to spend your free time enjoying yourself however you like. Of course, that's also keeping in mind that you don't hurt others while enjoying yourself!

Of course, this kind of discussion leads in perfectly to anime. If we all had more free time, we'd watch a hell of a lot more anime. I long for the days where I was in school...where school work was my main focus, which lead to a lot more time to indulge in gaming and anime.

Back then, I was always left wanting more anime to watch. As far as what I watched, I am the same now as I was then. I like to keep my experiences to officially localized content, if only because it's easier to track down and there's less of a barrier for entry. Back in those days when I had more time, I often found that there wasn't enough localized anime to quench my thirst.

Fast-forward to my 29 year old self, and I'm finding that I don't even have enough time to keep up with a quarter of the localized content out there. Has the state of localized content gone up in the years past, or have I just run out of time? Do you find the localized content out there enough to keep you busy, or are you watching more and more simulcast content?

1 comment:

  1. I always have enough time to watch both dub and sub (it's funny how you say localized/simulcast for those two words :P)

    ReplyDelete