Sunday, July 17, 2011

Durarara!! on Adult Swim - Your Episode 4 impressions

This Saturday was a ridiculously long day.  It started at 1 in the morning when I went to bed, and then when I had to wake up at 6 to get ready for my friend's wedding!  After all that, I had an 8+ hour drive to North Carolina.  I only just now finished up GoNintendo's updates for the night, which has finally given me a chance to jump over to the anime blog.

I'm so sorry I couldn't be here for our usual Durarara!! live-chat episodes.  I honestly look forward to those each week. I like coming to the site and chatting with you guys while we all watch.  It's great to build a sense of community like that, and it also leads to some unique conversations!  On top of that, we get to watch what seems to be like a kick-ass anime!

Unfortunately, since I was stuck in the car and still have other work to do, I'm  not able to catch the rebroadcast of Durarara!! Episode 4, which is the episode that I missed earlier tonight.  I'm definitely going to watch it online before the next episode airs, but I'm not quite sure just what day that will be.  I'm really bummed, because I am dying to know what happens next in the series!

With that said, I was hoping you guys would give me your impressions of the 4th episode!  If you could, please hang back from spoilers.  Just let me know what you thought of the episode and how the series is playing out for you thus far.  I'll be really interested to see how my impressions compare to what you guys have to say.

Again, sorry that I wasn't here for a live-chat.  I hope you guys and gals had fun watching on your own!

4 comments:

  1. Hmm...no spoilers. I will do my best.

    Based on your impressions from previous episodes, I get the feeling that you will like this one better than the last one (I may be wrong). While the last one had a stronger second half, this one was steady the full way though. This one kept things a bit more serious and gave you a little more to think about.

    Oh, and boobs. That's all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad that you missed out on this episode, it's an episode showing the backstory of a character you wanted to know more about.
    You can try watching the episode on Aniplex's official Youtube account, they do have all the subbed episodes (Expect the two OVA episodes).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adult Swim will have it on their site soon. Like Jay said, you will probably like this one more RMC. It has a slower pace like episode 2 had. I won't post any other spoilers other then that. I didn't care for it, but at least this episode has information that both explains the backstory of one of the main characters and will be relevant later.

    You would have been proud! About five or six of us met up in the chat room from last week and watched it together anyhow! Maybe we could have a chat room link or sticky post on here and just meet there for Adult Swim night. Thanks for everyone who made my Saturday/Sunday night more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it was nice to see people there even though you didn't do the regular promo tweet.

    But anyway...I think this episode can be described with three "B's"

    Basically Backstory and Boobs.

    :P

    ReplyDelete