Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Futurama team shows off more of their anime-inspired episode

There's a lot of things I respect about Futurama. One of those things being the respect that the writers have for the content that they lampoon. They might poke fun at certain subjects, but it's only because they clearly care about that topic. They show their passion by making jokes, and that's what makes the show truly enjoyable, even when it's making fun of anime.

The Futurama team has revealed a few more storyboards from their anime spoof episode, and I thought you guys might like to check them out. I don't know that I'd call the drawing style truly anime, but you can see where their inspiration was. It seems like all major cartoons spoof anime at some point, and that's just fine with me!


Check out more storyboards here

3 comments:

  1. Ahh, Futurama, the Best (non-anime) Show there is~<3
    I just can't wait for this Ep. :D I hope it can Compare to South Park's Anime-Ep, which is one of there best~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny how they look totally different than what they look like in the show...Oh wait...They could be doing that on purpose since it's anime :V

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy Futurama very much, and I can't wait to see this episode.

    ReplyDelete