Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Just as I thought - A second look at the anime fans comic

Yesterday I put together an article about a comic that looked at anime fans, and how some of them can be snobs when it comes to their interest in anime. They watch anime and think that anyone that watches any other content is automatically below them. While you and I know that all anime fans aren't like this and that it simply isn't true, there are many others that feel this way.

It's a tough barrier to get past, and I knew that the comic was going to make a lot of headway out there. The comic popped up on Reddit, and obviously it caught on in a big way. Now I'm seeing people link to/mention the comic all over the place. For example, here's just one Tweet about the comic.

This sums up how I feel about anime fans.

There we go, the generalization that I was hoping wouldn't gain more ground. It's not the fault of the comic creator, as he was just expressing his own thoughts on anime fans. I'm sure he doesn't feel that way about all that watch anime, but no doubt that's the message that many are taking/running with.

How do anime fans combat this kind of opinion? This certainly isn't good for anyone that is trying to spread the good word on anime.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah usually anime fans aren't aggressive like that to other people... Usually they are aggressive towards themselves >.>

    ReplyDelete