Monday, September 19, 2011

The minor hiccups that ruin your experience

We all have our favorite elements of anime, as well as the moments that really bug us. Usually we can live without those favorite elements and look past those aspects that irk us just a tad. You have to roll with the punches, and usually you don't mind doing so when all is said and done. Of course, there are those times when you just can't bring yourself to do that.

I'm not out to criticize anyone for their reasons of liking/disliking anime. If someone dislikes anime, I want to hear what the reasoning is. I won't tell them they're wrong or stupid, but I will try to show them what they're missing out on. That's always been my mission, but right now I'm focusing in on those long-time anime fans out there.

I'm looking to hear about those small, minor, insignificant moments in anime that drive you up the wall. There are things that you know shouldn't make you batty, but you can't help but become enraged when you see them. These happenings in anime frustrate you so much that they ruin the entire experience for you. All it takes is a second or two, and the entire series is shot to hell.

Personally, I am driven insane when a character comes in and starts yelling right away. A lot of anime features have one character that loves to yell and never calms down. The more anime I watch, the more I hate this type of character. I'm starting to handle these characters with less and less patience as time goes on! Hopefully you have some element of anime that drives you bonkers as well!

2 comments:

  1. Betrayals. There's waay to much Betrayal in Anime, i think. There's always some Sasuke-ish guy that does that, and it sucks... -.-

    One thing i also hate, is that the Bad Guys Always die. I know why, and it makes sense, but it still sucks... >.<"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've said this a lot, but when the main character dies, and when they say way too many Kanji puns thinking they're the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete