Friday, August 19, 2011

Anime influencing real-life tastes

It's not crazy to picture anime elements in real-life settings, is it?  Now don't get me wrong, I don't want there to be giant mech battles that put the world's people into danger every waking moment.  I'm talking about the more subtle elements of anime.  The kind of content that some people might not give a second look.  It's some of those features that I love to see in real life.  Some of them already exist in the real world, and they may/may not have to do with anime.

I'm not afraid to admit that I love it when girls have dyed hair.  That's not referring to your usual colors of hair that you can buy at the supermarket.  I want those Crayola crayon colors.  The bright reds, the deep blues, the hot pinks and so on.  There are few girls that are interested in doing that kind of dye job to their hair, or are brave enough to actually go through it.  When I do see girls with that hair, I automatically fall in love.  For me, it has everything to do with my love of anime!

I have another love that I'm not afraid to admit, and again, it has to do with girls!  Watching anime over the years has lead me to fall in love with a certain style of voice.  You know how most female voice actors in anime have very cutesy voices, and now I melt when I hear that kind of tone in person.  It's not every day you find a woman in real life that sounds like she's straight out of an anime.  That innocent, perky kind of voice transports me right into a little slice of my own real-life anime heaven.

What elements of anime do you see influencing real life, or mimicking what goes on in the real world?  Do you set your trends based on the anime that you watch?  Are you brave enough to take those anime norms and translate them into the real world?

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear imagine is crayola color hair actually got popular and everyone started doing it XD

    I wouldn't find it attractive, but it would be cool to see.

    ReplyDelete