Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Anime Staple: Eye Candy

Well that's not fair, isn't anime in general eye candy? Well, I guess in a most basic sense it is, but I'm not talking about the actual art of anime. I'm referring to content within anime that is out to make you ooh and ahh. The kind of stuff that anime revels in while most other entertainment mediums don't pay much attention.

When I say anime eye candy, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? I'm guessing that the most basic example is that of the fan-service aspect. Without a doubt, fan-service is a blatant form of eye candy, and it's usually out to entice those that find the female form attractive. We've talked about fan-service before and you know where I stand, but it's certainly not the only type of eye candy in anime.

What about fight scenes in general? You know that anime features love their fight scenes. They could come in the form of big explosions, well-choreographed hand-to-hand fight scenes, or phallic gun fights. That sort of high-intensity action is definitely a hallmark of what anime offers, and I can't get enough of it.

What other types of anime eye candy do you think exists? There certainly need to be eye candy moments to really boost your attention in a series, and I've only named a small portion of what's out there. Feel free to fill me in on what you've caught!

1 comment:

  1. I usually don't pay a whole lot of attention to eye candy stuff (or the music for the most part).

    But I was watching Bleach the other day, and I could actually see a difference in the animation and thought it was cool how they upped it a bit. Next episode will probably go back to the same old same old.

    ReplyDelete