Thursday, August 18, 2011

Making fights a beautiful thing

I seem to be in a rather violent mood lately, don't I?!  I assure you that I'm not out to get you guys.  I'm just taking a chance to look at how anime can make some graphic, violent parts of every day life rather beautiful.  Hopefully the clip posted below will show what I mean.


That fight scene from Cowboy Bebop blows me away every single time.  It makes the rather brutal act of fighting into something truly gorgeous.  The choreography is absolutely amazing.  I can only imagine how tough it is to plan something like this out and translate it well into an animated feature.  Not only that, but the animation itself is so fluid that it gives me goosebumps.  Such a beautiful scene featuring some barbaric actions.

What are some of your favorite fight scenes from anime?  They can be beautiful like the one above, or completely insane, or whatever you please!  There's certainly no shortage of fights in anime series' and films, and I'm sure you have a few of them that are your favorites.  Link us into a video clip so we can all enjoy what you've been loving all these years!

2 comments:

  1. Full Hollow Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra 2nd release Fight from Bleach is probably one of the best intense fights
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9DFb9mMwSY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so much the fight, but the music

    Mugen vs. Jin - Samurai Champloo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z26szdLN1Qo

    ReplyDelete