Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Anime Staple: Your Turn!

All day yesterday, I committed to a new feature on the site called 'The Anime Staple'. I focused in on content that appears in most, if not all anime. These are the elements of anime that make it what it is. The type of quirks and features that made us fall in love with anime in the first place.

As I said, that was the focus of the site all of yesterday. I covered a handful of topics that I felt were staples of the anime industry, and hopefully you guys enjoyed reading those! With that said, I don't want to keep rambling on and drive the topic into the ground. I think one day of the same feature is enough from me...but now it's your turn!

Excluding the topics I picked for my Anime Staple features, I'd love to hear what you guys have to say. I know there are many other areas of anime that one could consider a staple of the medium, and I'd love to hear what you guys pick out. Please, leave a comment, put together a tweet or direct us to a blog post where you label another anime staple.

Like I said, as long as I haven't mentioned it, it's fair game. There's no right or wrong answer here!

2 comments:

  1. The...Tsundere...

    Then again, this could probably be put into something else like

    Anime Personalities:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't necessarily know if could be called an anime staple as this happens a lot in Japanese films as well, but philosophies about people/the universe/life.

    I know many shows and flicks have their message, but I do notice that it is a lot more common and heavy in Japanese entertainment than American.

    As an American, anime can makes me feel like a bit of a douche bag. The messages and ideas that come out of it make my worries seem trivial. My eyes just open up and I grow up with the ideas that they place in my head.

    ReplyDelete