Thursday, August 18, 2011

If you could meet just one anime production company...

We all have people that we admire in life.  For one reason or another, there are certain guys and gals out there that we really respect.  Meeting up with those people would be like a dream come true, and would also be a never wracking experience.  To finally come face to face with that person/people you idolize is worth all the struggles it takes to get there.  That's how I feel about meeting up with an anime production company.

I not only like anime in general, I truly respect the amount of work and passion that goes into the content's creation.  I feel that few animation companies in the states put the time and passion into their projects that anime production houses do.  There's a certain amount of work ethic mixed in with a love of animation that really comes through in anime.  There are indeed some American animated programs that have this as well, but they're few and far between.

While I love the entire anime scene in general, there are a few companies that stand out in my head.  Just as there are anime features that I like a bit more than other content.  Meeting up with any company would be a dream come true, even if I'm not familiar with their content.  I'd love to just have a chance at thanking them for showing the world that animation can be taken seriously, and can be more than just slapstick.

In a perfect world, I'd love to meet up with just one person that worked on FLCL.  Yes, just one person, any person on that team would make my dream come true.  To pick their brain on the project would be a topic I'd never tire of, although I'm sure they would!  What anime house would you like to get a tour of, and then meet up with the minds within?

3 comments:

  1. I would have to choose between Shaft, Gonzo, Brains Base, or MadHouse since they produce many of the anime titles I have enjoyed. I think I would prefer Shaft since they were a major part in Paniponi Dash, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Negima!? and several others. They just seem to have an awesome persona about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaft, Kyoto Animation, Bones, Studio Ghibli, would be my choicesbut if I had to choose one it would be Shaft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh I don't really have a desire to do so.

    But if I had to it, it would probably be like the two guys above me, Shaft lol.

    ReplyDelete