Saturday, August 6, 2011

Marathon anime sessions

We never really get the free time that we want, do we?  When you do get that time to relax and kick back with something fun, you might not know what to do with yourself!  You have so much time put into work, and when that free time comes along you just can't fit in everything you want to do.  I'm guessing that sometimes you want to put a bit of that free time into anime viewing.

I'm right with you on that one!  I get the feeling to watch some anime, and I really look forward to those instances when I can do so.  The problem is, when I do get to watch, I never get to see as much as I'd like to!  It's really tough to watch a series and stop when your free time is up, not knowing when you'll get the chance to jump back in.

This situation leads to a few, random marathon sessions.  I know that other free time that comes along will be few and far between, so when I do get that block of time I'm sometimes willing to just sit and vegetate it all away.  Rather than splitting a series between months and months, I'll pick something that I could most likely pour through in one or two days.

I just did this with Dance in the Vampire Bund.  I managed to get through the entire series in just two nights, and I'm very glad that I did!  It was a series I really enjoyed, and now I don't have to worry about not catching the rest of the series for a lack of free time!  I just have to make sure I'm awake enough to pull off those marathon sessions!

Do you ever find yourself doing the same?  Do you push through an entire series in one sitting?

2 comments:

  1. Marathoning a series is the main way I get them watched. I'm simply too impatient to see what happens next usually. I watched half of my Sgt. Frog DVD last night and am trying to force myself to not marathon the last disc in one sitting but make it last, but its hard because I love that show so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been able to watch something in one sitting, but I know if there is something that I am really interested in that I will watch 5 or more episodes in a row each night.

    ReplyDelete