Monday, August 15, 2011

For every anime there is a season

I'm not a very sophisticated man.  I have simple pleasures and it doesn't take much to please me.  Perhaps that's why I had seasonal meals explained to me just a few months ago.  I had no idea that restaurant menus had seasonal items, which I only found when I tried to order something that wasn't on the menu anymore.  Because I have a tiny pea brain, it took a connection to anime to make sense to me!

When I think about my anime habits, I realized that I like to watch certain types of anime during certain times of the year.  That's not to say that I won't watch any anime during any time of the year, but there are indeed genres that seem to mesh better with what's going on in the weather.  Weather can definitely influence moods, and those moods lead you to different anime.

In the Summertime, I really like to watch comedy focused anime as well as romance stories.  I don't know why I feel that way, but it just seems like that vibe goes with the seasonal weather better.  I guess it might relate to my school days, because the Summer was always associated with care-free times.  You had nothing to do but sit around and have fun.

Do you have a certain anime genre that you like to watch during different times of the year?  Do the Winter months put you in the mood for mysteries?  Do you like to fill the Springtime with ninja anime?  Leave us a comment and let us know!

1 comment:

  1. lol I never really have urges to see something specific at different seasons. Just whatever seems good when I finish one series is what I watch.

    ReplyDelete