Friday, August 26, 2011

Grave of the Fireflies is THE film to change anime perceptions

I think I'm going to be talking about Grave of the Fireflies all day today.  It truly was that amazing.  It's a film I'm going to continue thinking about for days, months and years without a doubt.  It's hard to convey the sense of emotion that the film gives off without acting seeing it yourself.  Hopefully I've convinced you to check it out, but I'm also thinking it's an amazing way to introduce people to anime.

As we've said in the past, many people that don't understand or like anime believe it to be nothing but stereotypes.  They think anime and all that comes to mind are big boobs, naked girls, over-the-top violence and gore, and absolutely insane moments.  There are plenty of anime features out there like that, but real fans know that there's even more content that doesn't go down that path.  I'm not saying that content is right or wrong.  It is what it is, and you are free to enjoy whatever you want.

My point is, Grave of the Fireflies can show people the power that anime has, and also convince them that anime isn't just the stereotypes they believe in.  I cannot stress enough how powerful the film is.  I honestly cannot picture a soul alive that would watch this movie and still say they dislike anime.  Grave of the Fireflies is a true eye-opener.  The only issue is that it's truly sad, and I know some people aren't into watching content like that.

If you have a friend or family member that subscribes to anime stereotypes, Grave of the Fireflies is definitely the film to do away with those thoughts.  It's such a strong, series movie, it will definitely rid those shallow ideas from those that haven't given anime a shot.  Once they see the film and realize what they've been missing out on, you can introduce them to the world of anime that's out there.  It sometimes takes very moving experiences to change minds, and I don't doubt that Grave of the Fireflies can do that.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say that I subscribe this post. But this is also why you NEED to be a little "snob". Stupid "Boobs" anime actually just lower the industry overall. It is not true that, since it is still anime, one has to be indifferent to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I will have to negate the sadness with a funny anime right after I see it if I have the time to watch it.

    ReplyDelete